Profiling beds are known to provide significant amount of care and assistance to ailing patients especially those with body ulcers. The elderly and those suffering from stroke also benefit greatly from electric profiling beds. Patients become dependents but with profiling beds their handling becomes much easier. They minimize risk of injury to both patients and their staff, much of which is bound to happen if they were to be handled manually each and every other day.
Profiling beds functions17
Now that we have known what a profiling bed is, let us look at the various purposes that they are built to serve. They serve a great deal to people who spend the better part of their time in bed due to various reasons such as body ulcers or fatal health conditions such as stroke and paralysis.More information on profiling beds functions can be accessed at https://www.sidhil.com. These are the health care benefits that they provide when used by the people that they are designed to serve.
- Back rest. Electric profiling beds give a huge back rest relief to people or patients because that is one reason they are designed for in the first place. They provide a safe and comfortable environment ambience to people who spend most of their time in beds because of different medical or age related reasons.
- Leg elevation. Legs elevation facilitates blood circulation in the lower limbs therefore helping reduce blood pressure and maintain good health. People with health conditions such as diabetes and hypertension which are known causes of low blood pressure are the likely candidates for such profiling beds.
- Knee break. For the thigh and the lower leg to articulate, a knee break is key to providing the support needed by acting as the pivot point. Knee break also facilitates back rest elevation so that the patient does not slide down the bed, of which could result to pressure or bed sores. It also provides support to the thigh and the lower leg by maintaining them in a comfortable position.
It is no doubt that profiling beds have a reputable number of advantages due to the fact that most ailing or elderly people do not have to suffer when it comes to their need for rest.
Some of the profiling bed main advantages are as follows;
- They help ease respiratory and circulatory difficulties which are at times very acute in most patients.
- They have height adjustments, such that the nurse’s needs as well as those for the patients are well taken of, by making adjustments that suit them well.
- The electronic settings that see the profiling beds being operated by a handset reduce the likelihood of injuries happening as well as maintaining the dignity of the user.
- They have extensions that create more room or space for the patient and that way it is much easier for them to raise themselves or even much better navigate around.
Examples of profiling beds
These are some of profiling beds as outlined further at https://www.sidhil.com
1. The Solite range community bed
The Solite range bed is an electrical profiling bed with an operated backrest and knee break with variable height. It can be tilted to the desired position to the comfort of the one using it. It is controlled with a handset in that it can be assembled using a simplified locking system with no tools. It has light sections that make it easy to transport and that makes it easy to use as well as maintain.
The following are the Solite Range bed features;
- It has a maximum user weight of 190 kilograms.
- Has side rails making it easier to use and guaranteeing the safety of the patient.
- Its backrest design minimizes friction and improves comfortability of the patient.
- Has an extension feature in order to prevent entrapment.
- A corner locking mechanism that simplifies its assembling and disassembling.
- Tilt enabled for foot adjustments.
- Handset controls with controlled functions which are easier to use.
- Braked castors for safety purposes.
- Optional battery backup
2. Innov8iQ wards bed
This type of bed is a perfect combination of functionality, performance and not forgetting to mention cost efficiency. It has the following features;
- Low platform which allows the patient to have more freedom and limited falls.
- The positioning of cardiac chair and tilt positions allows it assist with mobility.
- Its light weight facilitates easy transportation and cleaning.
- Bed extension that creates more room for accommodating the patient.
- An ideal backrest positioned for mattress support.
- Removable catheter hooks.
- Handsets for both nurse and patient positioned neatly on the side rail for easier access.
- Brake pedal for easy access.
- Maintenance procedures diagnostic ports.
- Smooth and wipeable panel surfaces.
3. Bradshaw nursing care beds
These nursing beds are developed to specifically meet the expectations and needs of nursing ailing people and community based homes especially for the elderly persons. They are made using strong yet light construction materials. It is a four section bed ideal for community needs in care providence applications. Its notable and reliable features are as follows;
- It is a community and nursing home based electronically operated profiling bed.
- Flexible height favorable for both user and care giver making it more efficient for them to engage with much ease.
- Enabled and adjustable tilt and reverse tilt positioning.
- Efficient and easy assembling and disassembling.
- Self-locking mechanism side rails which are adjustable with sole purpose of providing safety and can be easily released at both head and foot edges.
- Handset controls which are lockable.
- Available in a variety number of colors.
- Appealing appearance and simplified storage process due to its disassembling nature.
- Weight handling capacity of 180 kgs.
In conclusion, it is wise to say that electric profiling beds are not for everyone to handle them. Their design is specifically for comfort and safety provision therefore they should be handled by care givers who know exactly the best way they can be of help to those who need them.